To sum up what Katrina and I have been doing:
1) Katrina got over her doggy fears! She used to shy away from dogs in public, but not anymore! She's still pretty scared in group play, but our CFR said that wasn't the biggest concern.
2) I started taking Katrina around my high school more often and to track meets. She loves hanging out with my friends. She especially loves saying hi to little kids.. it's like she knows to lay down so she doesn't intimidate them :) She's a sweetheart.
3) I'm talking to my principal on Monday to discuss bringing Katrina to school! My teachers said is was OK, but fingers and paws crossed that the principal approves.
4) Katrina has been on a couple big outings for her: these include a college fair (which was probably more scary for me than for her haha). She was great with all the crowds!
5) Katrina had her first evaluation with our CFR. She did really well walking around in the downtown area, and handled the open stairs like a pro! I definitely have some work to do with the Gentle Leader...which leads me to my next point!
6) Katrina's biggest enemy is her gentle leader. She absolutely hates it. So.. May is officially "Learn to Love the Gentle Leader!" month for Katrina. So far, we are off to a good start! We've been playing fun activities with the GL, like "come" and tug outside around the yard.
Yesterday was the submission deadline for the GDB calendar. So, I decided to take Katrina for a photoshoot at the bay. I got a couple of good shots: (Pictured below: Katrina in front of the Golden Gate, with her puppy vest on)
Pretty girl :)
She has the sweetest smile!
Katrina exploring the rocks!
On another note, earlier this month Katrina went to the puppysitters while I was out of town. Below is the beautiful Delicate Arch in Utah. If you haven't been there, you should go! It's amazing!
Back to my puppy:
Here she is last week. We were getting ready to go to the puppy meeting. We had a meeting today and we had to walk our puppies on a lose leash while balancing a plate of easter eggs in the same hand that we were holding the leash in. It was hard, but so much fun! And hilarious!
Above is the Suzanne/Jenkins Special "K" litter. Kristin, Mommy Suzanne, Keith, and Katrina. They are all amazing puppies with amazing raisers! It was great to meet up with them at a GDB graduation. I barely recognize GDB now because of the renovations. Guide Dogs is remodeling their dormitory/graduation building. It is going to be great when they are finished! I can't wait to see it!
Above, Katrina is holding a toy in the GDB play yard. Katrina thinks this could make a nice ad for Nylabone :)
Katrina has an exciting week coming up! I'm taking her to her first Giants baseball game, and then we are off to see Don (now Sanford) and his owners for his 3rd birthday party. He is such a lucky boy! Every time I see him with his owners it reminds me how great the GDB community is!
Have a good week!
~ Lauren and Katrina