Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Birthday Boy!

Guess who turned 3 years old last month??? DON! It's hard to believe that he's already 3 years old. Katrina and I were invited to Don (Sanford)'s birthday party and we had a great time. We even managed to get all ten (give or take.. I can't remember exactly how many dogs there were) dogs lined up (in party hats!) for a picture. Katrina's a pretty shy dog, so she spent most of the party hanging around me (or snoozing in her crate). 
Below, Don digs into his cake. I wish I had a close up picture- each doggy cupcake had a bone on top. Katrina loved hers :)
 Then it was time for the humans to eat cake, too. Don's owner had made an awesome cake in the shape of a pawprint.. yum!!
 Then, it was onto the party games. There was Don Trivia, Bingo, musical chairs (well, mats) with dogs, and more. They had made a collage of pictures of Don from when he was a puppy in training to recent pictures in his new home.
As always, I was reminded of what a perfect home Don has. How many people throw birthday parties for their dogs?? Don is definitely one happy dog.
On to Katrina, she is her sweet, lovable self as usual. She's still quite the cuddlebug and belly-rub seeker. She is currently under my desk lying on her back so as to be in the prime position for belly rubbing. Katrina is pretty proud of her latest accomplishment: she has learned how to open the door to my dad's office by shoving her nose into the door, then proceeds to lay down (belly up) for some tummy rubbing. She knows my dad will give her a belly rub, even if its with his foot as he talks to someone on the phone. Smart girl :)

Hope everyone is doing well! Happy summer!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great party. And I love it that you get to see Don from time to time. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete

Katrina and I love to hear from our readers!